The British Royal Family can trace its ancestry back to William the Conqueror. The current Royal Family is descended from King George V and Queen Mary. King George V was the son of King Edward VII (who was son of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha) and Queen Alexandra (daughter of King Christian IX of Denmark and Landgravine Louise of Hesse-Kassel), while Queen Mary was the daughter of Francis, Duke of Teck (of the House of Württemberg) and Princess Mary Adelaide of Cambridge (daughter of Prince Adolphus, Duke of Cambridge, who in turn was son of King George III and Duchess Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz; and Landgravine Augusta of Hesse-Kassel).
The British Royal Family is descended through Queen Victoria from the House of Hanover, through Prince Albert from the House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha (House which King George V changed the name to Windsor in 1917).
This is the Current British Royal Family
- H.M. The Queen
- H.R.H. The Duke of Edinburgh
- H.R.H. The Prince of Wales
- H.R.H. The Duchess of Cornwall
- H.R.H The Duke of York
- H.R.H. The Earl of Wessex
- H.R.H The Countess of Wessex
- H.R.H The Princess Royal
Extended family (Queen's cousins)
- H.R.H. The Duke of Gloucester
- H.R.H. The Duchess of Gloucester
- H.R.H. The Duke of Kent
- H.R.H. The Duchess of Kent
- H.R.H. Prince Michael of Kent
- H.R.H. Princess Michael of Kent
- H.R.H. Princess Alexandra, The Hon. Lady Ogilvy
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.